How Robots are Changing the Construction Industry Part 1
In business, company owners are always looking for ways to make a process better, more efficient, or more lucrative. While the construction industry has had a “wait and see” attitude when it comes to technology, it’s the tools of tomorrow that have the greatest potential for enhancing nearly all work processes. The use of robots in construction, especially with recent advances, show the ability to solve a number of issues for construction companies, including skilled worker shortages, providing safe environments, and reducing liability. As Orlando construction lawyers, we understand the importance solving these issues.
Benefits of Using Robots in Construction
The benefits of incorporating robots into the construction site include:
- Time and cost-efficient construction
- Safer construction sites
- Lower insurance costs
- Less construction site waste
How Robots Are Used in Construction
In this two-part series on robots in construction, we will look at the various ways that construction companies are already using this technology to solve problems on the job site.
- Masonry: Brick-laying robots can lay bricks at a much higher pace than humans averaging between 800-1,200 bricks a day. While you’d want a mason robot to work with a human mason, these robots can complete the shell of an average home in 2-3 days, following a CAD design.
- Welding: Welding robots can perform tasks that present safety risks to humans. With precision, they can weld structures and reach areas that are difficult for humans to reach.
- Demolition: Robots can make demolition tasks faster and safer. They can efficiently perform standard demolition tasks like crushing concrete as well as more difficult tasks like cutting rebar.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.