Tallahassee Construction Defect Lawyer
Construction defects are a result of deficiencies in the design, the workmanship, or the materials used to build a property. To further elaborate, defects can be categorized as the following:
- Deficiencies in construction are related to poor workmanship that can result in issues like plumbing or electrical problems
- Deficiencies in design are a result of insufficient designed by architects or engineers
- Deficiencies in material lead to the property not performing as expected because the products may be of a lower quality or may have been damaged before installation
- Deficiencies in maintenance or operation involve the lack of proper maintenance after it has been built
- These defects lead to a decrease in property value due to the structure failing to perform according to expectation.
Common Construction Defects
At Trent Cotney, P.A., we have years of experience handling a variety of construction defect cases. Our Tallahassee construction defect lawyers have successfully defended contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, engineers, architects, and others in the construction industry. Some of the common claims of construction defect we’ve successfully seen and handle include:
- Water intrusion that leads to mold
- Stucco cracks
- Structural issues
- Window issues
- Drywall problems
- Soil settlement
- Roofing issues
- Plumbing defects
Experienced and Trusted Lawyers on Your Side
If you’ve been given a notice of a construction defect by a property owner, it is critical that you contact a construction attorney who specializes in construction defect defense. Due to the complex nature of construction defects, including the statute of limitations and the statute of repose, these types of cases are often very time consuming and can become costly. Having an experienced legal team on your side that is intimately familiar with the legal processes of construction defects is the key effectively resolving your defect claims.
If you would like to speak with one of our experienced construction defect lawyers in Tallahassee, please contact us at 850.213.1295, or submit our contact request form.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.