Jamie Combee joined the Trent Cotney, P.A. team in January 2017 and is a Florida native and comes from a long-line of Floridians in the construction industry. Her dad is an engineer in Tampa, her grandfather was an architect who erected part of the skyline in Sarasota and Venice, Florida, and her granddad ran a small business manufacturing air boats in Polk County: Combee Airboats. In fact, Jamie’s dad dreamed that one day she would start her own “lawn-mowing business,” but she took a different path and taught high-school and worked for a small woman-owned business coordinating meetings and conferences prior to starting law school. In law school, Jamie was involved in the moot court advocacy competition team, advocated with the trial team, assisted numerous professors with their research and classes, and she even started a law journal. She also interned with a local complex commercial liability firm and clerked with the Federal Public Defender in Chicago.
Jamie began her legal career at a civil litigation firm where she defended insurance companies, construction companies, builders, manufacturers, designers, commercial facilities, and corporations from initial intake to trial. Now, Jamie utilizes her diverse background and familiarity with Florida to represent clients with Trent Cotney, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, Bachelors of Arts English, cum laude
- Trent Cotney, P.A., Tampa, FL, January 2017 to present, Senior Litigation Associate
- Butler Weihmuller Katz Craig, LLP, Tampa, FL, June 2013 to January 2017, Senior Litigation Associate
- Federal Public Defender Program, Chicago, IL, May 2012 to August 2012, Summer Clerk
- McIntyre, Panzarella, Thanasides, Tampa, FL, February 2012 to May 2012, Spring Intern
- Combee Law Firm, Lakeland, FL, September 2011 to January 2012, Pro Bono Volunteer
- English Teacher, Grade 11, Cambridge Christian School, Tampa FL, 2008 to 2009
- Tradeshow Specialist, Sage Healthcare Division, Tampa, FL, 2010
- Meeting Manager, Meeting Management Group, Inc., Tampa, FL, 2003 to 2009
- Florida Bar (2014)
- Middle District of Florida (2014)
- Southern District of Florida (2015)
- Illinois Bar, Examination Passed (2014)
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- “Challenging Consent Judgments As Unreasonable Or Tainted By Bad Faith” Mealey’s Litigation Report (Dec. 2014)
- “U.S. Supreme Court Significantly Limits Personal Jurisdiction Over Foreign Corporations” Recent Court Decisions, Butler website (2014)
- Appellate Brief, S. v. Chapman, No. 12-1415 (7th Cir. Aug. 28, 2014) (finding for Appellant)