Mason A. Pokorny
Mason Pokorny joined the team at Trent Cotney, P.A. in September 2015. His practice at the firm is focused on contract review and drafting, contract negotiation, lien law, bond law, building code violation defense, construction defect litigation, OSHA defense, bid protest litigation, employment claim defense, worker’s compensation defense and contractor licensing defense.
Mason grew up in Cleveland, Ohio where his father owned and operated a small insurance administration business and his mother worked at Tremco, Inc., a manufacturer of roofing and waterproofing systems among other things. While in college, Mason worked for a tooling and industrial material supplier in Cleveland in the product quality control department. Mason also worked for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as an independent contractor on a building renovation at the John Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mason began his career as a licensed Florida attorney at a civil defense firm where his practice focused on the representation of employers and insurance carriers in litigation of workers’ compensation, employment law and contract-related matters. Mason continues to utilize his diverse employment background and experience in his representation of clients with Trent Cotney, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Tampa, B.S.
Additional Work Experience
- Trent Cotney, P.A., Tampa, Florida, Associate Attorney, September 2015-present
- Vecchio, Carrier, Feldman and Johannessen, P.A., Lakeland, Florida, Associate Attorney, November 2013–September 2015
- Ronald Wolfe & Associates, Tampa, Florida, Law Clerk, May 2012-November 2013
- Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., Tampa, Florida, In-House Counsel Intern, January 2013-May 2013
- Bay Area Legal Services, Tampa, Florida, Family Law Intern, January 2012-April 2012
- Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program, Tampa, Florida, Legal Intern, May 2011-August 2011
- Boys and Girls Club of America, Tampa, Florida, Program Specialist, May 2010-August 2010
- United States Attorney’s Office, Middle District of Florida, Tampa, Florida, Criminal Law Intern, May 2009-August 2009
- Kennametal, Cleveland, Ohio, Light Industrial Temp, June 2008-August 2008
Honors & Activities
- Sports Law Society (Stetson University College of Law)
- Real Estate Law Association (Ave Maria School of Law)
- Beta Alpha Psi Honors Fraternity (University of Tampa)
- University of Tampa Baseball Program
- Florida Bar
- U.S. Northern District of Florida
- Florida Roofing, Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors Association
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- Pinellas County Contractors Association
- West Coast Roofing Contractors Association
- Palm Beach County Roofing Contractors Association
- Central Florida Roofing Contractors Association
- Roofing Contractors of South Florida Association
- Florida Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Contractors Association
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors Association