Roscoe Green joined Trent Cotney, P.A. in 2017. He practices in all areas of construction law, including construction litigation, contract disputes, construction defects, bid protests, payment disputes, delay claims, and lien & bond claims.
Roscoe began working in the construction industry at an early age with future plans for law school. He drew inspiration from his father, owner of Construction Support Southeast, Inc. and grandfather, a former Chief Justice of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and former Justice of the Florida Supreme Court. He is a certified general contractor in the state of Florida, and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. He is also Quality Control Management Certified by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and SREF (State Requirements for Educational Facilities) Certified by the Florida Department of Education.
Prior to attending law school, Roscoe worked with a construction management firm specializing in commercial and institutional construction. Roscoe served in a variety of roles including project engineer, estimator, superintendent, and project manager for multi-million-dollar projects. After law school, he specialized in construction litigation at a law firm based in Jacksonville, FL. Roscoe continues to utilize his experience in the field to better assist his clients at Trent Cotney, P.A.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, B.S., Construction Engineering
- Bachara Construction Law Group, Jacksonville, Florida, Associate Attorney, September 2014-September 2017
- Bachara Construction Law Group, Jacksonville, Florida, Law Clerk, June 2012-September 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, Judicial Intern to the Honorable Monte C. Richardson, May 2013-July 2013
- Baycrest Corporation, Tallahassee, Florida, Project Manager/Estimator, February 2007-July 2011
- Construction Support Southeast, Tallahassee, Florida, Superintendent, July 2001-January 2007
- Florida Certified General Contractor (CGC#1518230)
- State Requirements for Educational Facilities Certified, Florida Department of Education
- Construction Quality Control Management Certified, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Advanced Research, Writing and Drafting Certificate, Florida Coastal School of Law
HONORS & ACTIVITIES
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Transactional Drafting, Book Award Recipient
- The Florida Bar, 2014
- State Bar of Georgia, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2015
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section; Business Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Law Section
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter
- The Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate, 2016
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Governmental Affairs Committee, Co-Chair