Travis McConnell joined Cotney Construction Law in September 2017 after completing a previous clerkship in the firm’s Tallahassee office. His practice involves a variety of areas in construction law, but most of his experience is in OSHA defense, construction defect litigation, contract law, and land use regulation.
Travis has been involved in construction since he commissioned into the Army in 2013. After graduating from Florida Institute of Technology, he attended the U.S. Army Engineer School and was branch qualified as an engineer officer. During his engineer training, he studied horizontal and vertical construction, bridge building, demolitions, and various other engineering disciplines. He currently serves as the commander of a Sapper company in the U.S. Army Reserve where he leads a team of combat engineers, carpentry/masonry specialists, and field mechanics.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Florida Institute of Technology, B.S., summa cum laude
- Hopping Green & Sams, 2016-2017, Law Clerk
- Cotney Construction Law, 2016, Law Clerk
- Office of General Counsel, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, 2016, Law Clerk
- Second Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2015, Law Clerk
- Florida Bar
Selected Professional And Civic Activities
- FSU Law Business Certificate – Highest Honors
- FSU Business Review – Articles and Notes Editor
- FSU Law Dean’s List
- FSU Law Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award
- Business Law Section of The Florida Bar – Student Member
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar – Student Member