Maintaining legal compliance is essential for any contractor that wants to juggle multiple projects while growing their business. Unfortunately, this can be difficult in the fast-paced construction industry, where things can turn at the drop of a hat. You need access to accurate information if you want to remain compliant with the various laws governing the construction industry, including those on the local, state, and federal level; but good advice can be hard to find, and misinformation could lead to the end of your career as a contractor.
In this brief article, a Jacksonville construction lawyer from Cotney Construction Law will discuss three valuable resources for contractors who need help maintaining legal compliance. From podcasts to attorney-sponsored YouTube videos and obtaining advice from actual Jacksonville construction lawyers, this article serves as your hub for seeking industry-leading advice.
1. Construction-Related Podcasts
Podcasts are a great way to learn essential industry lessons while driving to and from work, during office time, and even when you’re relaxing at home. Some of the best podcasts for contractors include:
- Build Butter with Anastasia Barnes: interviews with AEC industry professionals that are taking an active role in the deployment of new technologies and innovations.
- The Construction Shared Pains Podcast: guest perspectives tell stories of AEC industry experiences, including changes to worker roles, building processes, and public policy.
- The Construction Management Podcast: intended to stimulate the minds of new and established industry professionals alike, this podcast focuses on how construction management professionals can progress in their career.
- Let’s Fix Construction: focuses on finding creative solutions to pervasive issues in the construction industry. It also dispels construction industry myths and suggests solutions for future-proofing construction businesses.
- ConstructorCast: the official podcast of the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America dealing with news, views, and interviews pertaining to the United States construction industry.
2. Law & Mortar
The Cotney Construction Law YouTube account features several episodes of Law & Mortar, a web series featuring Cotney Construction Law CEO Trent Cotney discussing important topics like tax laws for contractors, HR and employment law, workers’ compensation, commercial contract provisions, OSHA defense, succession planning, and more. These videos serve as a valuable resource for contractors looking to expand their knowledge of important industry-related topics. Plus, you can verify that you’re getting accurate information from a Jacksonville construction lawyer with years of experience fighting for the industry.
3. Consult a Jacksonville Construction Lawyer
Whether you’re in the middle of a contractor-owner dispute or simply have some legal questions that require professional answers, our Jacksonville construction lawyers are standing by to provide you and your construction business with industry leading representation. Whether you need one-time services or ongoing representation, we offer competitive pricing and subscription plans to meet the needs of all contractors.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.