If you work in construction, you already know that this industry is not for the faint of heart. The dangerous nature of this career path makes construction a focal point for OSHA, so construction professionals find themselves under constant scrutiny. Even aside from safety, issues such as liens, bid protests, and disputes between parties arise frequently, requiring the assistance of a skilled Denver construction law attorney.
Our Practice Areas
Cotney Construction Law regularly represents everyone from contractors and subcontractors to suppliers, developers, and engineers.
The Denver construction law attorneys at our nationwide firm provide valuable counsel for a broad spectrum of legal concerns specific to the construction industry.
Some of our key practice areas include:
- OSHA Defense- OSHA places special emphasis on the construction industry because of its dangerous nature. Since your career field is a more prominent target area for OSHA, it is beneficial to have a trustworthy attorney in your corner.
- License Defense- Charges of contracting without a license or operating in a way that violates local, state, and federal laws should be taken seriously. A skilled attorney can help you avoid harsh penalties such as criminal charges, extreme fines, jail time, and suspension/revocation of your professional licenses.
- Lien and Bond Claims- Lien rights are in place to protect construction professionals, but they are easy to lose. Don’t let a small mistake or missed deadline jeopardize your lien rights. Our Denver construction law attorneys can provide guidance from the initial Notice of Intent to Lien to the drafting, filing, and enforcing (if needed) of the Lien itself.
- Bid Protests- Preserving the sanctity of the bid process takes an understanding of the state and federal laws protecting contractors and appropriate bid procedures. You have no time to lose when you think a contract was wrongfully awarded; it’s critical to act fast and contact an expert.
- Contract Drafting and Review- A contract must clearly define the scope of work, role of each party, and expectations regarding timeline, delivery, and payment. Our firm offers fixed pricing for drafting a wide variety of different legal documents.
Denver Construction Law Attorneys Will Provide Valuable Counsel and Defend Your Business
Ideally, we like to help construction professionals avoid disputes. We help our clients create precise and legally sound contracts, tailoring our services with prevention in mind.
That said, we know conflict is an inevitable part of the construction industry. When it does arise, we will defend you with tenacity and the power that comes through expert industry knowledge. Our firm’s attorneys have over 100 years of combined construction law experience.
If you are in need of a professional construction law firm, please submit our contact request form for more information.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.