From building codes to employment law, construction is a complicated industry. The competitive nature of the industry adds pressure to an already tough job. Disagreements are bound to happen. When disagreements turn into disputes, it’s time to contact a Wichita construction attorney.
Wichita Construction Lawyers Resolve Disputes
If you’re involved in a lawsuit, accused of a violating a contract, or have an ongoing dispute, it’s time to contact a construction lawyer you can trust. We regularly represent contractors, subcontractors, architects, suppliers, and engineers. Because we focus on the needs of people who work in construction, we understand the legal challenges our clients face and know how to navigate the nuances of the situations that arise during the project timeline and even afterward.
You may have the opportunity to resolve your dispute through alternative dispute resolution (ADR) techniques. Depending on the wording of the contract involved, it may be necessary to do so. We can facilitate mediation and arbitration as well as litigation. Mediation is the least formal of the techniques, the most cost-effective, and may be the best for preserving relationships. Another option is arbitration which can be binding yet still costs less than litigation and has the benefit of a third party making decisions.
Legal Services for Construction Professionals
A Wichita construction lawyer can provide more than strong legal representation during a dispute. Our team can help you with a myriad of solutions for your everyday needs. Cotney Construction Law can provide many other services including:
- Demand letters: you deserve payment for the work you did. A demand letter carefully drafted by a lawyer will be taken seriously by an owner or business partner who owes you money. That alone may be enough to get you paid.
- Contract drafting and review: involving a lawyer early in your construction contract process can save you time and money in the future, even helping you avoid litigation.
- Insurance coverage disputes: if you have had a legitimate claim denied by your insurance company, it’s time to get help.
- Lien law: keeping on deadline is crucial to filing a valid lien. Lien nuances can be complex based on project types and your role in the project. If they’re not followed closely, it can result in you losing your right to file a lien against the property.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defense: an on-site OSHA inspection can result in a citation even if you’ve properly trained your workers. A construction lawyer can defend you against citations and complaints.
If you would like to speak with our Wichita construction attorneys, please contact us today.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.