Casey Verville | Attorney
Casey Verville is an associate in the Portland, Oregon office. Her practice includes various areas of construction law, specifically contract review and drafting, insurance, and contract litigation.
Casey was born and raised in Rochester Hills, Michigan. In 2014, she received her BA in Political Science with a Minor in Spanish language from Michigan State University graduating cum laude. In 2015, she moved to Detroit, Michigan to attend Wayne State University Law School where she received her J.D in 2018.
During law school, Casey worked as a judicial intern for Michigan Circuit Court Judge Darlene O’Brien in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She also worked as a law clerk for a boutique civil rights firm in Detroit, Michigan called Goodman Hurwitz and James, PC. While there, she had the opportunity to participate in complex constitutional cases often involving municipalities and public departments.
Prior to joining Cotney, Casey practiced in Claimant-side Social Security Disability, representing clients in over 100 appellate hearings throughout the state of Michigan and beyond. She has also practiced in third-party commercial insurance defense, specializing in bodily injury, landlord tenant disputes, wrongful death, dram shop liability, and employment liability law.
- Wayne State University Law School, JD
- Michigan State University, BA, Political Science (with Spanish language minor), cum laude
- Cotney, 2020 – Present, Associate Attorney
- Smith Freed Eberhard, PC, 2019 – 2020, Associate Attorney
- Levine Benjamin, P.C., 2018 – 2019, Associate Attorney
- The State of Oregon
- The State of Michigan
Honors and Activities
- National Lawyers Guild Detroit Chapter, Member
- Journal of Law in Society, Symposium Editor
- Dean’s Scholar at Wayne State University Law School, Recipient