Gabriel D. Pinilla | Partner
Gabriel “Gabe” Pinilla is a seasoned, results-oriented business and construction law and litigation attorney. Focused on utilizing legal skills and strategic problem-solving to help clients with their legal and business issues, Gabe’s practice encompasses state and federal court litigation from pre-trial through the appeals process as well as serving clients with negotiation and transactional needs.
Throughout his career, Gabe has worked hard to develop the necessary analytical, strategic thinking and practical skills required to provide clients with highly effective and zealous representation while at the same time seeking to maintain the highest level of professionalism. These efforts have garnered Gabe recognition by his peers multiple times for selection as a Rising Star in Florida by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Gabe is licensed to practice in Florida, Texas, and Colorado. Gabe is also a fluent Spanish speaker and services a broad range of cultures.
- Thomas University School of Law, Miami, FL, 2005, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Mary’s College of Maryland, St. Mary’s City, MD, 1999, Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
- Universidad de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain, 1998, Superior Certificate, Spanish Language and Culture
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009-2010
- Editor-in-Chief, St. Thomas University Law Review
- Winning Oralist in the 2003 St. Thomas University International Moot Court Competition
- Brief-Writer & Oralist for the 2005 William C. Vis International Arbitration Moot Court Team
- The Florida Bar
- The Colorado Bar
- The Texas Bar
- S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- “First to Breach? Not So Fast Navigating Floridas Prior Breach Doctrine” – Florida Bar Journal, July/August 2018, Vol. 92, No. 7
- “Corporate Liability for Human Rights Violations on Foreign Soil: A Historical and Prospective Analysis of the Alien Tort Claims Controversy” – 16 St. Thom. L. Rev. 687 (2004)
- “Judicial Proﬁle: Hon. Federico Moreno” – The Federal Lawyer, February 2009, Vol. 56, No. 2