Jacqueline Feliciano | Attorney
Jacqueline N. Feliciano joined Cotney Construction Law in 2018. As a Certified General Contractor and Master of Laws in Taxation, her practice generally encompasses construction, corporate, and tax law. Jacqueline’s primary focuses are on contract drafting, contract negotiation, lien law, business succession planning, and mergers and acquisitions.
Jacqueline grew up in the construction industry and learned the trade from her father who has worked in construction for decades. Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, Jacqueline worked as a Certified General Contractor. Jacqueline also worked in-house at Jabil Circuit, Inc. where she focused on various commercial transactions, while also working with the corporate secretary on corporate governance. Jacqueline left Jabil Circuit to work as a law clerk for Cotney Construction Law until she graduated law school. After graduating from law school, Jacqueline went on to pursue her passion of tax at the University of Florida and obtained her Master of Laws in Taxation with honors.
Jacqueline has been recognized for her work by being named in the 2021 inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Construction Law, Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates. Jacqueline is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- University of Florida, B.A., cum laude
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M., cum laude
- Cotney Construction Law, Tampa, FL, Associate Attorney, June 2018 – Present
- Ashley Moody’s Campaign for Attorney General, FL, Travel Aide September 2018 – November 2018, Assistant Outreach Coordinator, December 2017 – September 2018
- Feliciano Construction, Corp., Tampa, FL, Certified General Contractor, June 2013
- Trent Cotney, P.A., Tampa, FL, Law Clerk, May 2016 – September 2017
- Jabil Circuit, Inc., St. Petersburg, FL, Law Clerk, September 2015 – May 2016
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Construction Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, 2021
- Florida Certified General Contractor (CGC#1518230)
- The Florida Bar, 2017
- Section 139 Disaster Relief Payments, Florida Roofing Magazine, May 2020, 6.
- Coronavirus Update, Shear Bull, April 2020, 1, 3.
- Understanding the dollar-for-dollar tax credits given to employers from payments of qualified wages under the FFCRA, Roofers Coffee Shop, April 2020.
- Qualified Business Deduction for Roofers, Florida Roofing Magazine, April 2019, 7-8.
- New Expensing Under Section 179, Florida Roofing Magazine, August 2018, 11.
- Jacqueline Feliciano & Theresa J. Pulley Radwan. Secured Transactions Flowcharts, 2018.
Selected Professional and Civic Activities
- Junior League of Tampa
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section
- Wills for Warriors, Volunteer
- VITA, Volunteer Income Tax Assistant
Honors and Activities
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- NEXGEN Leadership Program, Class of 2021
- The Federalist Society
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Delta Phi Epsilon Honor Society
- Recipient of the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- Book Award in Federal Income Taxation II and Tied for Book Award in Commercial Transactions
- Two-time Recipient of National Association of Women in Construction’s Gaylene Plodzein Scholarship