Josh Funderburke | Attorney
Josh started with Cotney Construction Law in 2018 while in law school at FSU College of Law. Prior to starting law school, Josh worked for a national general contracting company as an assistant superintendent specializing in student housing and large-scale multi-family residential projects. In his role, Josh managed relationships between the owners, subcontractors, and local city or county inspectors to ensure each project was performed efficiently and cost-effectively. Through these many interactions, Josh gained a unique perspective into the issues that affect the construction industry along with strategic approaches to project management.
Josh received his law degree from the FSU College of Law, where he served as Executive Online Publications Editor of the FSU Law Review and a member of the FSU Trial Team.
- Florida State Univerity College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Mercer University, B.A.
- Cotney Construction Law, Jan 2018 – Present
- CEI Construction, Inc., May 2016 – July 2017
- Atigun Energy, Inc., November 2015 – May 2016
- State of Florida
Honors and Activities
- Book Award: Administrative Law
- FSU Trial Team: Best Advocate (2018-2019)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Civil Rights Trial Competition, Best Advocate
- Texas Young Lawyer Association’s Trial Competition, Best Closing Argument
- In Vino Veritas Trial Competition, Best Cross Examination
- Wayne Logan Intramural Trial Competition, 1st Place
- BLSA National Trial Competition, 3rd Place