Whether your construction firm needs legal protection or is looking to grow, there are a myriad of benefits your business can take advantage of when you partner with the Brandon construction attorneys of Cotney Construction Law. When you sign up for a subscription plan with a construction law firm, you not only receive exclusive access to our knowledgeable construction attorneys but also have the opportunity to effectively budget your legal spend at a fixed monthly rate. In other words, there are never any eye-opening bills or unexpected financial setbacks from the legal services rendered when you have a subscription plan.
In this editorial, a Brandon construction attorney will discuss several of the benefits of investing in a subscription plan and how our subscription services greatly differ from the traditional (and often problematic) hourly billing model most law firms solely utilize.
The Problems With Hourly Billing
Although there are plenty of legal situations in which hourly billing is an acceptable solution to a client’s legal needs, there are also times that this common billing model is not beneficial to the client. Unfortunately, like in every industry, there are some unethical professionals in the legal field that deliberately leave their clients in the dark about their payment process.
Clients often think of the following questions when they receive their legal bill through the hourly billing method:
- How Much Will My Bill Be? A client often doesn’t know how much they will pay for a legal service until they receive their bill. This is largely because they have no idea how long the lawyer will take to perform the service. What was described as a simple task could be costly if a negligent lawyer takes their time handling the legal issue.
- How Many Hours is My Attorney Actually Working? The client never truly knows how much time an attorney actually spent providing a legal service and must trust that they are accurately tracking their billable time. With a subscription plan, you pay a fixed rate every month, so there are no concerns with lawyers padding their billables.
- Am I Paying a Fair Rate for Legal Services? When a client hires an attorney, they are entrusting this professional to perform highly skilled tasks on their behalf. Sometimes the client may be getting charged at an excessive rate for the legal services rendered. With a subscription plan, you know exactly what you pay each month and you also know the precise legal services that are covered in your plan.
Although any of the common payment issues above can lead to mistrust or even a payment dispute between a lawyer and their client, billable hours also can incentivize some lawyers to not rush or take the appropriate amount of time to perform legal services. With a subscription plan, lawyers don’t need to spend their time tracking hours and can focus on providing accurate legal counsel.
The Benefits of a Subscription Plan
By investing in a subscription plan at Cotney Construction Law, construction clients pay a flat monthly fee. You not only know exactly what you will spend each month on your legal spend, but you also receive a clear outline of the legal services covered in the plan you choose. This can be greatly beneficial to managing your business and preserving cash flow.
Another benefit to investing in a subscription plan is that construction clients receive open access to a Lakeland construction attorney, so these legal professionals can seamlessly begin working on your legal needs whenever you need them. Whether it’s a business owner, project manager, HR representative, or team member, any of these professionals can pick up the phone at any time, call a construction lawyer, and receive knowledgeable legal advice when they need it at no additional cost.
At Cotney Construction Law, we are a business partner and legal advisor for construction firms. It’s our goal for our clients to be profitable and successful. In order to do this, our Lakeland construction attorneys want to provide construction clients with a better value for their legal needs without the nickel and diming inherent to hourly billing practices. Instead of focusing on tracking billable hours, our attorneys can provide you with the timely and knowledgeable legal advice you need in real time.
Some of the benefits and legal services our subscription plans feature include:
- Access to On-Demand Attorneys
- Unlimited Phone Calls with Attorneys
- Unlimited Demand Letters
- Unlimited Contract Review and Drafting
- Unlimited Manual Review and Drafting
- Unlimited OSHA Defense
- Member Discounts on Standard Rates
- Client Portal Access
- Annual I-9 Audit
- Unlimited Lien and Bond Claims
- And More!
If you are ready to invest in a subscription plan or you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to a Lakeland construction lawyer. To learn more about each of our subscription plans, please visit our website.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.