The roofing industry can be extremely competitive. In this two-part article, a roofing lawyer will discuss a variety of services a modern day roofing contractor can offer their clientele. Roofing contractors should consider offering both time-tested and reliable services while also learning about and utilizing the newest advancements in roofing technology.
In this section, we will focus on a few traditional services including repairs, inspections, and maintenance. In the second section, we will discuss some cutting-edge services that have recently shown exponential growth in the roofing industry. Remember for any of your professional roofing legal needs, consult with a roofing attorney.
The primary task of a roofing contractor is to either install a new roof or replace an aging one. Clearly, maintaining a roof gives many advantages to a homeowner. Here are a few traditional services a roofing contractor provides for their clients:
- Leak repairs: A leaky roof can lead to mold or water damage that can compromise the foundation of a home. If there is a leak, it needs to be immediately addressed by a professional who can evaluate not only the leak but the entire roofing structure while making certain that no other area of the roof is impacted.
- Storm repairs: Unfortunately, many roof systems are compromised by the high winds and hail of a storm. Whether it’s roof leaks, shingle replacement, or an entire compromised roof system, professional roofers can offer immediate assistance and ensure a home is guarded against the elements. Additionally, you should have your aging roof inspected before storm season begins.
- Maintenance: If a home has missing or buckled shingles or damaged flashing, roofing companies can provide general maintenance services to assist the homeowner with avoiding a significant repair in the future.
- Inspection: Another service that should be provided to homes every three years is an inspection. A roofing professional can evaluate the trusses, rafters, and sheathing material to ensure that the roofing system will sustain a long lifespan.
- Reroofing: Instead of going through the expensive process of replacing an entire roof, homeowners can have a new set of shingles set over existing ones. When there are leaks or minor damage, this type of service is often preferred over an entire replacement.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute legal advice, is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as legal advice for your specific factual pattern or situation.